Sunday, February 17, 2008

Shut the BEEEEP Up!

I have trouble sleeping and I need whatever sleep I can manage to get. That's why I was very annoyed in the middle of the night when a loud car alarm woke me up. At first, I tried to ignore it and fall asleep again, because I thought it would end very shortly. But the owner of the car did not seem to hear it, which meant that the alarm continued for a very, very long time.

Beep beep beep beep beep. Short pause. Beep beep beep beep beep. Short pause. Beep beep beep beep beep. Short pause. Beep beep beep beep beep. Short pause. Beep beep beep beep beep. Short pause. Beep beep beep beep beep.

You get the idea.

What is the point of having a car alarm if you aren't going to be nearby when it goes off? And why do people never seem to be nearby when their car alarms start ringing? And why does this generally happen in the middle of the night?

As for me, I put in some ear plugs, wrapped a blanket around my head, and snuggled under the comforter. I could still hear the infernal beeping, though, and it kept me awake for a long time.

Beep beep beep beep beep!

--Curly

No comments: