Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Price Is Nice

I travel a lot and as such I have many travel-related peeves that I am sure I will explore on this blog. One is about airline companies’ habit of charging extra for things now (this is especially true in the US, I’ve noticed). You think you are getting a good deal on a flight and then it turns out that it costs extra to check even a single piece of luggage, or to print out your boarding pass (last year, an airline actually charged me an additional $10 because I had not printed the ticket at home in advance, even though they never told me I should do that), or for a sandwich or a drink. My feeling is: just tell me how much the ticket costs, including everything, and stop trying to sneak extra fees in there. It just adds unnecessary stress.

I actually feel this way at restaurants too, incidentally. Now they charge extra for bread and tap water and they try to make more money but charging separately for the main dish, potato/pasta/rice/other starch, and vegetables. Just name the price and stop being sneaky.

--Curly

No comments: