Thursday, November 4, 2010

All My Exes Live in Texas…

This is not so much a rant as a quandary – how much contact is it good to have with one’s exes? Is it better to cut them off completely? My problem with that is that these people were once important to us, so shouldn’t we try to preserve whatever we can of the relationship instead of losing it completely? But then if we do, how much should we tell each other about our lives, including current relationships? It’s hard to renegotiate those boundaries and to move back to being friends from being lovers who shared everything.

For example, I think it’s courteous to tell the most recent exes that we are seeing someone new, and I have done that, but then I haven’t received the same courtesy back and instead found out via a mutual friend. So what’s the right protocol?

These days, I lean more towards to minimal contact side of things. What do others think? Should our exes stay in Texas?

--Curly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it depends very much on the ex in question and the nature of the break-up. I've managed to get back onto good terms with most of my exes, but one in particular left in odd circumstances and cut me out of his life, so I feel no guilt about ignoring his existence!

Have you come to any conclusions?

Peeves and Rants said...

No conclusions yet. I just try to be friendly to everyone, but it's not always easy!

--Curly

Unknown said...

What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information. For more information visit legal herbal empire for sale