Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is Reality?

I don’t usually watch reality tv shows, but as a break, I was looking at one not long ago that featured dance routines, and I was disturbed to see how the women were scarcely clad and were shaking their bodies seductively, whereas the men relied on their talent (or lack thereof). Again, what is about women’s bodies being public property? Why do we feel we can look at women (wearing what amounted to little more than g-strings and tight tops), dancing around and giggling and smiling and flipping their long locks and shimmying their bodies, whereas we expect men to perform and show their strength and skills (and, possibly, to do it all with a shirt half-unbuttoned, their muscular, hairy chests somewhat on display)?

A reflection of reality indeed!

--Curly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I contemplate the brief should secure more info then it has.