Monday, November 5, 2007

Please Take the Stairs!

If you are able-bodied and not laden with heavy packages, there is simply no excuse for you to take the elevator up (or, worse, down) ONE floor. Or two floors. Some might even argue that five floors might be the cutoff point.

Now that I spend the vast majority of my time in two buildings--the one in which I work and the one in which I live--where my official location is near the top (wow, that sounds much more impressive than it is), I am peeved all too frequently by the multiple stops I endure on my many elevator trips.

Since there are no "express" elevators in either setting, I'm doomed to "local" rides at highly inopportune times. So please, the next time you're waiting for an elevator to go up (or down) just one floor, take the stairs!

--Prunella

No comments: