Friday, January 11, 2008

What Do You Want? Information!

Recently, I was a "prisoner" on a long bus ride. The bus was delayed by quite a bit. I guess this was because of the rainy weather, but I had no way of knowing for sure, because the bus driver didn't see fit to tell the passengers what was causing the delay or when he thought we would reach the destination.

I mentioned this to someone I know, who then told me how she was at a concert a couple of months ago and the singer was over an hour late. The restless audience was kept waiting, but was not given any information about where the singer was and when she might appear. A similar story was repeated by others of my acquaintance, whether they were waiting for concerts, doctors' appointments, or meetings.

It would only take a moment to give people information, and often it would be very helpful. It can be stressful for those who need to make a connecting journey or are waiting to see someone to not know what is happening and when they can expect to arrive (or for others to arrive). A little information can go a long way!

--Curly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget those delays when you're sitting in an airplane and the pilots don't tell you why you don't seem anywhere near take-off yet. Those drive me nuts!

--Pru