Monday, March 10, 2008

Inspired by Janus: Two Faces of Friendship

I may sound naive, but I don't quite understand why some people act one way towards their friends (or even partners or relatives) at one point and then another way later. I wish there were more honesty and/or that people didn't pretend quite so much.

Recently, I was out with someone. I happened to mention something (it wasn't a big deal, really, but still...) and she showed a lot of understanding for it. Not an hour later, we met up with other people and suddenly she brought up the issue again and mocked me for it, making me look bad. It wasn't the first time she did this, and it certainly wasn't the first time in my life I experienced such an event, but it was nevertheless hurtful and disappointing.

Sometimes I wonder: what is with people?

--Curly

2 comments:

Peeves and Rants said...

I'm really sorry to hear this, Curly.

--Pru

Peeves and Rants said...

Thanks, Prunella! It is hurtful and unfortunate that some people behave this way.

--Curly