Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What We Talk About When We Talk About Israel

During the sad events in Israeli, I've been annoyed, though not surprised, that news coverage has been more or less one-sided, as Pru will surely attest. What's additionally irritating is the way people (i.e. my friends, colleagues, and acquaintances) talk about the situation.

Many people feel able to pronounce on what's going on in Israel without having any real knowledge or information, in a way they wouldn't about, say, a war in an African country or a situation in Asia. What's more, people can't seem to distinguish between Jews and Israelis, making many of their comments blatantly anti-Semitic.

--Curly

2 comments:

Peeves and Rants said...

Oh, Curly. Don't get me started!

--Pru

Peeves and Rants said...

Do get started! Join me in my complaining! :-)

--Curly