Sunday, April 26, 2009

Setting Things Straight

As a curly-haired woman, I get extremely annoyed at the idea that all hair should be shiny, slick, and, yes, straight. I can’t even count all the times I’ve seen a television commercial or an advertisement in a publication that shows “before” and “after” views of a woman. Before, she has tangled and coarse curly hair. After she has used some fancy product or been to a certain salon, she has a waterfall of straight locks. Clearly the idea is that straight and shiny is always preferably to a thick bird’s nest of curls. Hmph. Personally, I prefer my curls and I wish other curly-headed types would revel in their natural looks as well.

--Curly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your curls!!!!!!!
--kimba

Peeves and Rants said...

Aww, thanks, Kimba!

--Curly