Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not Tickling My Fancy/Fanny

I haven't experienced this myself, but lots of female friends have mentioned how, when they are at the gynecologist getting examined, the doctor will tell them to "think of Brad Pitt and relax."

This is disgusting and offensive for a number of reasons. First of all, not all women are straight and want to think about a man when someone has his or her hands between their legs. And whether they are straight or not, they may not find Brad Pitt (or George Clooney or Johnny Depp or whoever else) attractive. And why should women have to get such advice anyway? Do men at the proctologist get told that they should think of Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie? Why can't the doctor/nurse focus on the task at hand (so to speak) and try to make the patient relaxed in some other way?

If someone said this to me, I'd be inclined to close my legs and kick him/her in the face!

--Curly

No comments: