Saturday, August 21, 2010

Used and Discarded

I’ve talked about how people rarely thank others for help provided. Occasionally it happens and then I feel surprised and it makes me want to continue to give advice and help to other people (who then disappoint me by not thanking me).

Once again, though, I spent a lot of time helping someone (in this case, someone I’d known well for years with something she could have discovered herself by doing just a bit of research, even via Google, and also, she has much more free time than I do), and she responded by not contacting me for a long time and then never thanking me for the help or showing interest in how I’d been doing in the meantime (a period when I’d had surgery and lost a family member).

Sometimes I don’t know why I bother.

--Curly

No comments: