Tuesday, June 3, 2008

If You'll Be Late, You Should Update

Here's another post directed to literary editors and publishers. Time and again, I've entered writing contests with the understanding that the contest results should be made public by such-and-such date. Then, such-and-such date rolls around, and no information is available. The entrants haven't been notified, and when they check the contest Web site, all they see is the same outdated information. If results will be delayed--ESPECIALLY for a fee-charging contest--the least the administrators can do is update the Web site with that information, and a new target date for notification. Bonus for said administrators: avoiding those e-mails from time-sensitive entrants like me.

Similarly, for weeks verging on months I've been awaiting a May 31 publication date for an online publication's new issue release. That's because some of my work is included in that issue. Well, May 31 has come and gone, and there's nothing new on the site. There's certainly no news about the delay.

And that peeves me.

--Prunella

1 comment:

Peeves and Rants said...

I can not but agree with this!
But then, I've long had to deal with the fact that most people simply aren't as timely as I am (and as you are, Prunella) and that they don't necessarily follow up when they promise they will. It's annoying.

--Curly