Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some Like It Hot

Where others have a sweet tooth, I have a spice tooth. I love my food spicy. People have watched in shock and disgust as I pour half a bottle of Tabasco sauce over my food or as I sprinkled dried hot chili flakes on top of whatever I happen to be eating. Sometimes, I think my culinary heaven might be a place where I am chowing down, tears running down my cheeks, my mouth on fire. On second thought, maybe hell would be a better place for me.

But instead, what actually makes me want to cry is spicy food that is anything but. I go to restaurants that offer warnings on their menus. Three printed chili peppers next to the name of a dish indicate that the food is fiery, perhaps only edible by natives or by people crazy enough to think they can handle it. Naturally, I order it. And what do I get? Food that I wouldn’t even label medium-hot.

Come on! I’m a real spice girl (despite my dislike for the word “girl”) and we like it hot! Spice it up!

--Curly

1 comment:

teefus said...

next time you are in town you should go to this place.

http://www.wttw.com/main.taf?erube_fh=wttw&wttw.submit.CPRestaurantDetail=1&wttw.RestaurantID=169

they have many levels of spice.