Monday, December 31, 2007

If On a Winter’s Peeve a Shoveler

Winters where I live are rainy and chilly, but nothing like the cold, snowy winters I grew up with. In my current city, people get excited if there is even a quarter of an inch of snow. In my hometown, people would be happy if there was only a quarter of an inch of snow.

So one of the loyal readers of this blog, who lives in my hometown, has asked me to post a winter peeve -- people not shoveling their walkways. If you don’t shovel, the piles of thick snow make it difficult for others to walk past your property. Not only that, if temperatures drop below freezing, as can often happen, the snow may turn to ice, creating a dangerously slippery path for pedestrians or cyclists.

Yes, shoveling takes some time and effort. But it is quite unneighborly not to do so, and it can even endanger people’s well-being.

--Curly

1 comment:

teefus said...

yeah some people in my area are really bad not only did they not shovel there snow but under the snow htere is leaves becuaes the never rank there laveas in the fall.