Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Information, Please!

Dear Correspondent:

Yes, we've corresponded before--we might even be considered friends of a sort--and so I am therefore perfectly willing to consider your most recent request to post a link to your new story/poem/essay/interview/commentary on my blog.

But please, can you make it just a tad easier for me to do you this favor?

Yes, you're quite right to give me the title of the ezine or blog that has published your magnum opus. But, my dear correspondent, you haven't quite gone far enough.

So, as I told you in my last response, I would appreciate some additional information. Specifically, I would like you to send an actual link I can click on to see the piece myself. Then I can paste the link into my own post, too. Just so you know: I'm much more likely to post something you send me than something you tell me to look up on my own.

Similarly, and just to avoid the problem we encountered the last time this situation came up, I am not asking for a link to the blog/ezine's home page so that I can then search for your work myself. I am asking for a direct link to your work.

Am I asking for too much?


Sincerely,

Prunella Peeve

1 comment:

Peeves and Rants said...

I agree, Prunella! If you want something from someone (such as for them to link to your article or website), make it as easy as possible for them. Don't expect others to do all the work when they are doing you a favor. End of story!

--Curly